Sunday, September 28, 2014

Tomatillo Avocado Salsa

(recipe from ReadyMade magazine)

5 medium tomatillos, husked, rinsed, and chopped
4 jalapeno or serrano chiles, coarsely chopped, with seeds
1 large garlic clove, peeled
2 Tbsp. chopped white onion
1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
1 tsp. fine salt
1 ripe avocado, halved and pitted

Put the tomatillos into a blender, then add the remaining ingredients except for the avocado.  Blend until smooth, stopping to prod with a wooden spoon if the mixture doesn't liquidize.  Add the avocado and blend again.  Season to taste with salt and blend again.

(This is the first time I've ever worked with tomatillos!  A neat salsa-quacamole hybrid.  I seeded all but one of my peppers, as I didn't want too much spice.  I also added a second avocado, which made it more quacamole-like.  Tangy and good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment