Monday, August 29, 2011

Summer Tomato Soup

(Recipe from a magazine, I'm not sure which one.)

Serves 8

3 lbs. tomatoes, peeled and seeded (I neither peeled nor seeded)
1 green pepper, coarsely chopped
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped (I only peeled, not seeded)
3 large stalks celery, without tops, ribs
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 c. tarragon vinegar
10 small basil leaves, coarsely chopped
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon leaves
1 c. vegetable stock
salt & pepper to taste


Put all ingredients except stock and salt & pepper into a blender or a food processor and process to a rough texture.  Pour into a large bowl and stir in stock (if soup is too thick, add a little extra stock).  Add salt & pepper to taste.  Serve either at room temperature or slightly chilled.

(I made this for Justin.  It's a delicious gazpacho!  No cooking!  I used heirloom tomatoes.  Make sure you like tarragon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment